Monday, February 22, 2010

Online Speaker

I learned a lot after watching this guys talk on the energy crisis and CO2. I could tell from the beginning that he was a very intelligent man, he supported everything he said with sound facts and said it in a comical way which is necessary because it is such a serious subject. I think he portrayed this subject in a new light that really showed me what really has to be done and how everyone will have to work towards this goal if we really want to fix this problem. He also brings about many solutions and also shatters them without blatantly saying it, he shows the facts and he uses those to prove his point like any good politician would do.

I feel my favorite part was when he was doing the breakdown of energy. When he brought up how you could use nuclear power to power the world, but showed how many you would have to build, that just made my mouth drop. I didn't expect that at all, i also did not expect that much of a small amount of energy to be gained from all the renewable resources excluding solar. I really did not think that solar could supply 1500 Kilowatts, that so much more than we could ever use, but being able to harness that kind of power could become useful in the future. I would like to see this man complete what he is working on because i feel that it will allow the world to prosper and we can fix the problem that we are having now just like how we fixed the ozone. I am glad you showed us this video and i think it was important for us to see this from such a scientific viewpoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment